Saturday, April 23, 2011

Road Trip - Day Trip to Central Otago

Link to Google maps here

I packed myself a picnic lunch today and headed off on a solo road trip to Central Otago. I headed up the hill towards Middlemarch (where the annual Singles Ball is being held tonight!) and stopped at a rest area over-looking a valley to eat my picnic. The weather improved the further away from Dunedin I got which was nice!

Purple Check Shirt - Farmers, Black Jean Shorts - Supre, Opaque Tights - Kmart,  
Studded Shoes - The Warehouse, Girl Guides Belt - Shop on Taieri,  
"Love" Ring - Lovisa, Purple Nail Polish - Postie Plus

After a tasty picnic of french bread, sundried tomatoes, olives, salami, creme eggs and sparkling grape juice I continued on to Middlemarch where I picked up a soy hot chocolate at The Kissing Gate Cafe - so worth it!

On the way to Ranfurly I had to pull over and take some photos of the trees lining the road - the colours are beautiful at this time of year!

 

I stopped at Ranfurly for a Jelly Tip ice cream and parked up by the side of the road to eat it and take in the view.

It was such a fun trip and I can't wait to do another one now! Perhaps I'll make another trip in July when there is snow on the hills. 

I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekends!

Remember my giveaway here!


4 comments:

  1. nice trip and i love your plaid shirt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) I was pretty happy when I found it! :)

    Kc

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty place! love your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep reading about people going on road trips! lucky!! hope you had an awesome easter weekend x

    ReplyDelete