Friday, March 11, 2011

I made a Wedding Cake


This is the cake I made to enter the competition being held by my cake decorating club. I have included my other entries on my other blog, Sequin Corner Cakes, but I am so proud of this one I had to post it here too!

I made all of the flowers from gumpaste, and the Bride and Groom are made from fondant with a hardener added so they set faster. I am so happy with the final result! I had to drop off my entries this afternoon and tomorrow morning I will head over there to see how I went. The other entries look amazing so there's some stiff competition!!

Have a great weekend guys, I'll update with the results tomorrow!


3 comments:

  1. WOW you are amazing! It turned out so great. Good luck! I hope you win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made that?!?! Youre crazy talented... I really like the toppers :)

    AnUnrefinedGentleman.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's adorable!! My sister makes cakes too, last time she made a 3 tier cake with hydrangeas for my cousin's wedding. My youngest sister and I were her assistants. Its not easy...it took us days with barely any sleep!!

    ReplyDelete