Sunday, December 11, 2011

10th Day of Christmas // Chocolate Sleigh


At the last Dunedin Sugarcraft Club meeting I went to in Dunedin we were shown some different Christmas-themed demonstrations. My favourite was this awesome chocolate sleigh!

It would look great as a centrepiece on your table, filled up with yummy chocolates. When you’ve finished all those you can start nibbling the sleigh too! It would also make a cool present filled with chocolates or truffles and wrapped up in cellophane with a ribbon. 


You will need;

1 Bag Chocolate Buttons (I used Nestle)
Baking Paper
Sleigh Pattern – you can find that here
Piping bag
Round-tip Nozzle


1. Melt 1/2 the chocolate in microwave – 30 secs at a time until melted. Don’t burn it!
2. Add 1/4 more buttons to the chocolate but don’t microwave – just stir until they have melted.
3. Lay pattern on a table or board and cover with a piece of baking paper.
4. Fill piping bag fitted with a small round nozzle with chocolate and pipe around edge of sleigh pattern (5mm thick)


5. Spoon chocolate into the centre of the sleigh pieces, spread to the edges and then leave to dry.
6. Once the pieces are dry, set up the base, one side and the back piece leaning against glasses and pipe chocolate in the inside corners to stick them together.
7. Add the front end piece and stick with more chocolate, then the other side.
8. Leave the sleigh to dry until all the chocolate is set.

Once the pieces are dry, set up your sleigh on a presentation plate and fill up with your favourite chocolates – I’m using peppermint and strawberry Roses chocolates!


Yum yum!! You can make your sleigh out of dark, milk or white chocolate – it’s up to you. Just remember white chocolate is a little harder to work with than the other 2 – be very careful when you are melting it! 

PS: Sorry todays post is a day late! I was busy all day yesterday at Andrews work do at the races. I'll have an outfit post up next week with what I wore!

Like all of my '12 Days of Christmas' DIY tutorials, there is a PDF version of this blog post here. Simpy click on the link, print out the tutorial and get to work. Easy as that. Feedback appreciated!

Make sure to check out the rest of my “12 Days of Christmas” posts for more awesome decorating ideas, recipes, and gift ideas!

2 comments:

  1. I want to make EVERYTHING in your 10 days of Christmas series!! Next year I will need to be more prepared so I can do just that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. you are like.. the new Martha Stewart or something I swear, this is so innovative ^__^

    ReplyDelete