I completely forgot to post these photos of the dress I made for my birthday party. I had a "French Theme" party and decided to dress up in a Marie Antoinette inspired get up.
I had a dress at home I was going to use, but then I saw a bedspread at the Salvation Army Store in this material and I thought it would be perfect. $5, 1 un-picked old dress, (to use as a pattern) 1 hacked up bedspread and a couple of evenings later I had this little number ready to go.
I learnt so much from just chopping up one dress and turning it into another!! I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I tried out some tricks I hadn't perfected before - using gathers, making sleeves and using the elastic for the gathers around the bottom.